We had our ultrasound yesterday. I like the OBGYN Center because they take their time and the ultrasound tech (Kira) is very chatty and always likes to tell you how beautiful and perfect your baby is. She also is very good at pointing out what she is doing and measuring. Well, this baby is a moving fanatic and I thought he would be very cooperative and mobile during my ultrasound. Boy was I wrong....
I had to literally run out of my clinic yesterday, jump in the car and get to my appointment exactly on time. Which was 1 pm. No lunch, nothing to eat since 9am that morning. And the baby was clearly snug like a bug in a rug, and was not going to move a whole lot.
We didn't get too much of the profile or too many details of the heart. So we are going to have to go back next visit for more ultrasound photos to ensure everything looks great. But what we did get to see after a half hour of leg crossing was "the parts." And sure enough, baby boy #2 is among us. I hate calling him that but we don't really have a name yet.
He seems to be lengthy like daddy too. The little bit of his profile we did get to see looks a lot like Jesse's did. So I am thinking another drop dead gorgeous boy. We are going to have to put these boys in cages when they hit puberty.
His heart rate was running 144 this time. I wonder if being wiggly verses sleeping affects that some. I'm sure it does, but likely the next ultrasound will confirm.
We are very excited. It's nice that we saved all of Jesse's stuff. Now we just need to buy a dresser for the new baby.
We talked to my doctor after the ultrasound and she (as always) is awesome. She offered to induce a week early. Which is super nice and I am grateful for. She also gave me an antibiotic and Robitussin DM because Jesse's cold he gave me seems to be moving into my sinuses and not moving. Being pregnant she'd rather keep me from getting a bacterial infection and very sick. So I am taking my medicine, and I am already starting to feel better. So I think it did turn into a sinus infection.
Jesse and I had lunch late afterwards and just spent some much needed date time together. Jesse's sister was kind enough to watch Jesse Jay all day for us so we could just enjoy the day. And it was definately a great day.
Now I need to find some little shirts that say "Little Brother" and "Big Brother." We already got Jesse Jay a new book about his new brother. :)
1 comment:
so exciting! i was disappointed to have two boys at first, but now i LOVE it! It is so much fun and so easy - same clothes, same toys - i love my two boys and know you will too! Congrats!
Post a Comment