Jesse and I celebrated our 7th Valentine's day together, yesterday. Come this June we will be married for 7 years. Has it really been THAT long? Time has just flown by!
That morning, our friend had recommended a tiler for our master bathroom. He came in and gave us a quote. He's a really nice guy. Went to NNU, and is very good at his job. He started tiling our formerly carpeted bathroom yesterday. It's a joint Valentine's present. Nothing says I love you like, "Hey, let's minimize our risk of mold," right?
Either way, WE are excited about it. It's difficult sharing a tiny bathroom between the four of us. Only 3 more days of that and then we will have our bathroom back, and TILED!! Even in the midst of a housing slump, these are changes that do impact resell value in a positive way. Plus, it makes both os us happy.
That day we got ready leisurely. We went to Target and bought the boys a bunch of $1 Elmo books that Jesse Jay is just drooling over (and unfortunately refusing to share with his brother- even though half of them are HIS). Then we went to Red Robin and got Jesse (Sr) his birthday burger. I am working on his actual birthday (second year in a row) so we thought we'd do lunch now. I am taking him for breakfast on the actual day. And luckily, all schools are out for President's Day. Then we got some groceries at Winco and came home. We played video games for a couple hours and had dinner.
My husband is a phenomenal cook and baker. He grilled petite sirloins, made garlic mashed potatoes, and cooked carrots. Mmmmmmm, it was yummy! Then we had Umpqua Dairy Fro-yo Carmel Crunch for dessert. It was far better than if we'd paid to go out. He hasn't grilled much given it's winter- but I LOVE it when he does. The man is gifted, especially when it comes to his grill.
We had a free Redbox promo code. So Melinda and I got a movie each. She highly recommended Red, so I got that. She let me ask/beg her to rent You Again. You Again was a REALLY funny feel-good movie. I highly recommend it! And Red was an awesome action movie. Excellent Valentine's Day selections!
We snuggled. Stayed up far too late and put the boys down early. All in all, a great Valentine's Day. It wasn't super fancy or expensive. But it was still perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment