The boys are going a mile a minute. It's hard to keep up with them some days. Since I have been working out again, my energy level had been increasing. My back pain was going away. But the past few days it has flaired up again. I think I am going to have to suck it up and go to the chiropractor. What is incredibly unmotivating is going to the gym when you hurt. I have to trick myself into going. At this point this morning, I am losing.
Jesse Jay is such a character. He has this hat he wears all the time. He is singing the happy birthday song today- over and over again. When I was doing dishes the other day- he started counting (correctly) to 14. Then, he was singing the ABC's. The ABC's, to Jesse Jay, used to start at "W" but now they start at "H." He watches Super Y, and more often than not responds with the correct letter they are looking for. What a sponge of knowledge. He amazes me.
He went to the doctor a couple weeks ago for being sick and a high fever. They tested him for flu- thank God he didn't have it. It would've been frustrating to have 2 of us (with flu shots) get the flu. He and Toby, I strongly suspect, had RSV. They are doing well now. But at the appointment the doctor was concerned he had lost 5 lbs. I told him, "No, he has gained a pound since his well child check." We went over the previous weight. They had him at 37.1 lbs- when really he had been 31.7 lbs- dyslexia for sure. No wonder they thought he was in the 99th percentile for weight! So he is in the 99th percentile for height, but 50th for weight. Still looking like a quarterback.
Toby is just a bundle of smiles and energy. He shakes when he gets excited. Happens a lot when you feed him. His joy is just infectious. I am loving his little personality. He doesn't take a whole lot of grief from Jesse Jay. He also seems to go out of his way to annoy his older brother. What's interesting, is you can tell it's from PURE adoration. Toby wants to do everything big brother is doing and thinks he is just "the bee's knee's."
He has 4 teeth now- two on top and two on bottom. His top teeth are a bit oversized, so when he smiles it is ADORABLE. He is sleeping better at night- especially since he has been treated for his second (this time double) ear infections. He is getting more daring. He walks assisted and is starting to stand without grabbing on things. In a few more days, he will be 11 months old.
###################
Jesse has been updating his applications to all the local school districts and sending in some new ones he hadn't applied to. He is optimistic for finding a permanent position next school year. With all the changes that are happening in Idaho education, I am trying to let go and trust God. He will provide a job, if it is in his plan, even in the most impossible of situations. And how are we to truly trust him if we get jobs in the best of circumstances?
Work is going well for me. I have gotten a few nice compliments lately, which has been inspiring. Sometimes you get in a rut where all it seems like is complaint after complaint. It's tough when you know you're giving it 110%. To hear that people do notice, and it isn't all in vain has really rejuveinated my attitutude and spirit. Sometimes it's so easy to forget in the repetition of it all, what we do does MATTER so very much.
I have a nice long time off again. Day #3 of 5 is going well. I just wish I could get rid of this back pain and get to the gym. Then a much needed haircut. Really more of a trim.
I got to participate in some much needed retail therapy at the outlet mall yesterday.
We are looking forward to planting our seeds to make our own starters for the garden this year. We also bought our much anticipated apple tree. Costco is selling grafted apple tree starters for 14.99. I noticed, while shopping yesterday, that EVERYONE had one in their cart yesterday. Then I saw the price and knew we'd have a hard time finding a better deal. Jesse (Sr) was so excited. He cannot wait to plant it.
No comments:
Post a Comment