Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fully Cooked

Toby is now officially cooked as of yesterday. Between now and April 22nd he could come out anytime. You're kidding yourself if you envision me sitting on the couch patiently waiting and taking it easy. I did that with Jesse Jay, and he never came. The doctor had to evict him. The women in my family either go really late or get induced, and apparently I follow that trend. I am busy and active and attempting any old wives tale I can (except Castor Oil- yuck).

I have approached this pregnancy almost the opposite of how I went about Jesse Jay's. I was so careful with everything I did with Jesse and was careful not to overdo anything. I have pretty much worked out this entire pregnancy. I only gave it up for a month while I was switching jobs because my OB started talking about me not working, and I compromised with not working out until 37 weeks. It has kept the weight gain down considerably. I am at 23lbs total at this point. With Jesse Jay I gained somewhere between 42-45lbs (depending on how honest I wanna be ;)).

Toby feels like a monster though. He is kicking really high into my ribs and to the point that I do yelp a little everyday from one of his especially hard blows. Also on a daily basis he kicks something so hard it cracks and is momentarily painful. I don't recall crackling from Jesse Jay. I wonder if Toby will be my more willful child? Truth be told, it's what I deserve with all my stubbornness.

I am excited and scared to meet Toby all at the same time. Will he have his own look entirely, or be a semi-Jesse Jay clone? Will he sleep good or be a tyrant?

And I am interested to see Jesse Jay's reaction to a sibling. He keeps looking at all the baby stuff and is such a big helper. He helped me carry in the infant formula I picked up yesterday at Costco. And kept saying "baby, baby." He also likes to look in the bassinet and point, saying "baby??"

Jesse Jay is turning into such a mommy lover. Having more time at home has been great for everyone. Take for instance now, I am typing on my laptop in our room. Jesse Jay is watching Elmo and patting my back, giving me kisses every once in awhile. And now he has moved on to rubbing my hair. What a sweet little boy, right?

Alright, ready or not... here he comes :)

2 comments:

Krista Rose said...

Woohoo, full term!!! I can't wait to meet little Toby!! I'm so excited for you.

Jennifer said...

*Ding!*

That's the baby timer going off. :)