But there are some sweet things he does. He loves kissing his brother. He'd kiss him all the time if I let him. And he likes to bring Toby a blanket if he cries. And when he is laying in his bassinett and crying, he tries to find his binkie (and abruptly and of course lacking any gentleness) shove it into his mouth.
And his newest thing is he loves to hold Toby's bottle. He thinks its hillarious. We are working on not taking it out of the baby's mouth and shoving it back in every 3 seconds. The little monster also adds some devious laughter into it as well.
Jesse Jay doesn't like the whole I can't have mom every single moment I want her attention thing. Nor does he appreciate not being held and being made to walk more often. At church this Sunday, the fire alarms were going off. I was in the nursing room with Toby. I grab the bag and him, and head over to get Jesse Jay. A few minutes later my husband shows up and I give him Toby to wrap in a blanket since it was quite cold outside. Jesse Jay was getting very upset because all the other kids were getting held and he wasn't. You'd have thought his little world was ending. Daddy hands Toby to me, and I hand him Jesse.. but no. Only MOM can hold him. Funny things that fire alarms do to little ones.
But all in all, I suspect they will act and behave as brothers do. They will love one another, and be annoyed with one another. They will play together, and fight. I hope for more of the good then the bad. Here is to hoping that Toby will be a little more patient with Jesse Jay's lack of gentleness than we have been. Maybe it'll be good for him, right?
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment