Thursday, May 27, 2010

New Toys... or didn't you know

Jesse Jay has taken a new fondness to Toby's things. In fact, didn't you know they were toys for him? Apparently he got the memo, we just didn't.


See, they are all for him. The car seat, the bouncy seat, even the swing. Yay for new toys. Or something like that.
As for Toby: Toby is getting fat. Seriously, his face plumped up, almost over night. He went from an obvious newborn, to a month old. And tomorrow he will be 6 weeks old. Can you believe it? The time has gone by way too fast. I'm afraid I will blink and he will be 16. Geez.

He likes sucking his thumb. We bought these special sleepers with hand fold overs to keep him from scratching himself. Well, he figured those out and can get his fingers out in no time. So now I have to be careful and at the first sign of scratching, he gets a manicure.


Toby is also going through his, "getting rid of moms hormones" stage and has a major case of acne. So it feels like I am living with a teenager. He is smiling more when he see's someone else smile. He also will start to coo sometimes when lying happy in his bassinett.

Jesse Jay finally wrapped his arms around him today, but when I grabbed the camera he quickly let go and started pushing him away. So now proof of it yet, but maybe next time.

As for me, only 5 more days of my maternity leave left and then back to the working grind. Jesse will be at home with the kiddos, and I am feeling a bit jealous.

Tonight, we took the front off Jesse Jay's crib to try him in the convertible toddler bed before we move him up to his big boy bed. And he is literally, freaking out.

No comments: