Thursday, July 29, 2010

God Sure Knows What He is Doing

God sure knows what he is doing. Take my children for instance:

Toby- doesn't sleep. We will go a few days of a 5 hour stint of sleep, and then he resumes his waking up every 2-3 hours all night thing. Both mom and dad are exhausted (though daddy has way more room to complain considering he gets up with him at night since he isn't working and he is more the nocturnal nurturing type). He is still spitting up when he eats. These would be some really frustrating habits if he wasn't the cutest and HAPPIEST baby. He is most certainly the happiest and giggliest little boy I have ever met. His Dad will get him laughing so hard! And oh my, his laughter is infectious. I can definately see him being a jokester in school already.

Then there is Jesse Jay. He is my little buddy right now. He LOVES his mama. He is totally ignoring his father. Of all the people closest to him- daddy is always LOWEST on the totem pole and the last person he seems to want to be around. It breaks my heart because him and daddy used to be buddies and it was I who got the short end of the affection stick. His dad isn't too offended, but Jesse Jay will do things that let us know he IDOLIZES his father. He really LOVES wearing hats and looking like Daddy. He always watches how Daddy fixes something and then takes his (toy) tools to try and do the same thing. He also wants to eat what daddy eats. If daddy likes it, you can be sure that Jesse Jay does too.

God knows exactly what he is doing. When there is something difficult going on, he provides comfort and reassurance. This parent stuff can be so hard. Knowing the line of mercy and love, but not raising spoiled, entitled, uncaring brats is a never ending struggle. So far they're pretty awesome kids. Both seem very sensitive to mama's feelings and are so bright eyed and take everything in. Yes, I am convinced our children are going to be genuises!

Jesse Jay loves showering his brother with (over) affection. He loves to kiss him, pat him, burp him until Toby cries because he is smothering him. One of the hardest things I have found as a mom, is protecting your little baby from your older baby. Especially when he isn't trying to hurt him. He just doesn't know his own strength. But at least he loves his "baby."

1 comment:

Holly said...

LOVE this post. It is SOOOO true. :) And I have to laugh about the part about protecting the baby from it's older siblings. I still remember running out of the bathroom (during a moment I thought was safe) and seeing little Danielle (20 months)carrying Capri (1 month) out to the back yard, her arms around Capri neck, Capri's body dangling, and me running to the door FAST!