Toby had his 1 year check and shots Thursday. He has had 4 ear infections in about 6 months up until this point and now, has been on every antibiotic used for these to get rid of them. The past couple days he has been really tired- taking 2-3 naps at home of 2-4 hr in duration and sleeping 12 + hrs at night. He has still been coughing, snotty and wheezing/rattling a bit intermittently. Though, he is LESS symptomatic for an ear infection than he typically is. His pediatrician asked if I had looked in his ears- but I tend to avoid that because that makes him cry, then I cry. I'd rather have someone else do it and snuggle him afterwards. But, alas- he has a pretty bad left (questionable right) ear infection. That makes 5 in 6 months or 4 in the past 3- which means the boy is getting tubes.
It's really nice working at Saltzer. They got us in later that afternoon to see ENT. He agreed- he needs tubes. So Dr. Beasley will be doing the surgery at Treasure Valley Hospital this coming Friday. I used to assist in surgery at this hospital so I will most likely know his nurse, his anesthesiologist and scrub tech. I also know they have fantastic breakfast. While I am not looking forward to handing my baby over (for the few minutes it will take) and not being there, I can look forward to the most delicious breakfast burrito- ever.
One (and I think there isn't much more) nice thing about him being sick is I am getting some awesome cuddles. He is clingy and extra loving when he is sick. He is happy, so how are we supposed to know if he has an ear infection or not? But he is smiley and now that he is on antibiotics, seems to be doing better.
Oh, and back to the well-child check:
His stats are: Weight 19lbs 8 oz (8th percentile); height is 30 inches (59th percentile) and head is 18.25 inches which is 50th percentile. His height-wight ratio is 6th percentile. Hmm, the skinny thing he didn't get from me. He also has some eczema and is now on a prescription strength steroid ointment that is working quite quickly!
************************************************************
In other toddler news- Jesse Jay has been sick. He vomited (out of nowhere) yesterday a few times. He was such a good boy though. He looked distressed about it and put his hand over his mouth like he was trying to keep it in. Then he tried to "clean it up." by wiping it with tissue paper. Of course I had him stop so I could clean it- but what a sweet guy. He has a low grade fever today and isn't eating well. The vomiting (Thank God) has stopped.
**************************************************************
Jesse (husband) had another interview. And unfortunately another rejection. He is busy filling out applications for all the area schools. He is such a good man. He is an excellent teacher. These schools just don't know what they are missing.
He is busy with his garden- which is really shaping up nicely. It's nice now that the boys are older and we can go outside for awhile and play with the puppies and clean the yard. Now, if only mom's allergies would simmer down so she could enjoy it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment