Thursday, January 29, 2009

He's a Beast!! (Baby Jesse's 4 month check up)

So we took baby Jessee to his pediatrician for his 4 month appointment today and the results are in: He is 16lbs (clothed and in a diaper), 25 inches long, and 44cm head circumference. Our doctor had a 4th year med student with him- a very nice man named Byron and he walked in the room and the FIRST question he asked was if this was in fact a 4 month or 6 month appointment. Then he said he asked because he acts and looks 6 months old. Baby Jesse was so cute and giggly at his appointment, flirted with EVERYONE and he just tore up the sheet he was on. The med student said, "he is JUST a BEAST!" and I laughed, because he was right.

I'm a little surprised by the length because he is only an inch shorter than Emma and he certainly looks longer than an inch. But eh. His dad is 6ft 4... he will catch up. We decided not to do immunizations today (No I'm not concerned about autism) because he has a cold and feels kinda crummy today. We will take him in for his shots later next week once he is feeling better. I don't have the heart to make him MORE miserable than he already is. Plus, I'm pro-shots so we will be back. Just when he is feeling better.

And baby Jesse is able to pull off his socks. His dad caught him doing it and got a photo. I'll post it a little later.

*****************************

I'm going on my first trip alone since the baby has been born, tomorrow. I will be leaving Friday morning and won't be back until Monday morning. It's hitting me now that this is a big deal. sand his dad is quite capable of handling him alone, but I will miss him something terrible. I decided not to go straight to work after our flight Monday realizing how badly I would miss him. I am going to Bellingham, WA with the NNU debate team for a tournament to help judge. I am excited, but nervous to leave my boy. He is just so precious to me.

And we are all recovering from a nasty cold. Im feeling better but have a nagging tickle/cough in my throat that just will NOT go away.

So that's what is going on with us.

No comments: