Saturday, January 17, 2009

In Your Eyes....

I woke up this morning and was surprised, my eyes (though still blue) were a VERY different blue then I have seen in my reflection the past week. They HAD been a stormy cloudy blue and now are a very light sky blue. My first thoughts were, I cannot seriously be this transparent?!?

But, evidently- I am. My loving husband confirms that not only can I NOT hide things well anyways, but my eyes give me away too. I was not aware that my eyes were my own mood rings. No wonder I was never really all that into them. Like I needed one more extrinsic predictor of how I feel.

I will have more announcements for you all Monday. This weekend I am trying to clean my house and make some major decisions about where to go from here. Instead, I am happier playing with my adorable baby boy, watching movies, and resting.

*******************************
Jesse (Sr) is now in all his education classes and enjoying it. Still no job offers, but we have pretty much given up on looking. He is already too busy with his occassional substitute teaching, being a full-time daddy (and a GREAT one at that), helping out with the house, doing manly "fix it" projects. And I'd rather him focus on that instead of stressing out and trying to find a job in today's economy. But I was thrilled to see that the Idaho jobless rate had actually improved this week!
**********************************

Jesse Jay is coming into his own. Although he is still a VERY good boy he has developed a trait of mine- he is very good at expressing himself and has very little patience to deal with life when he is agitated or hungry. He is soooooo talkative too. He has gone to NNU with his daddy a time or two and just babbles on and on to anyone who will listen.

Oh, and I about DIED from laughter at Sunday school when someone asked for prayer for their daughter who had a diarrheal illness. And the moment he said it, he blew out his diaper! It was pretty bad and I needed assistance just to clean him up.

Did I tell you he sits up assisted now and can roll from his back onto his side, but loves to mess with mommy's hopes of seeing him roll over by stopping short and giving me a devious smile that suggests "psych!"

We are discussing WHEN to move him back into his crib and his room. We tentativly are thinking at 4 months, but maybe today. I think he ultimately sleeps better without us waking him up and such.
And people at church keep mentioning that his eyes are "turning." Some suggest hazel and others brown. My eyes are blue (I'm sure you figured that out) and his dad's are all colors. The insides are brown around the iris, the middles are greenish and the outside is blue. I have looked at his eyes and they still look like mine (blue). I cannot for the life of me find a shimmer of brown or green in them. I wish for him my eye color, and although ultimately whatever God blesses him with is fine. But my gut hope is that he will get my eye color. And hey, it'll be nice to read him like a book and know how he is feeling without him saying a word.






1 comment:

sarah said...

he was chatting up a woman in line behind us at the post office when we were getting emmas passport too. :) she knew he was flirting, and was so tickled.