As some of you know, I lost a lot of weight in 2007. 75 lbs to be exact. And when I got pregnant the biggest concern was that I would gain all the weight back. Now 3 months later and 25lbs deficit from postpartum, I still have a good 15lbs to go to get back to my prepregnancy weight and 30lbs to get to my original goal weight.
All of the books I read say not to diet until the baby is 3 months (which he was on Christmas). I decided to try and go back to losing the weight after Christmas but found it impossible being surrounded by goodies, getting the allergic reaction and having the appetite of a horse, etc. So I resolved to start the same day it all began in 2007, New Years day.
So I ate it up at the New Years Eve bash we went to at the Allen's house. And oh was the food GREAT. We are talking the kind of food you want to eat as your "last rites" so to speak. And when I got to wake up at 8 am today (instead of the normal 5am and go to work routine) I started with my other rituals, I weighed myself. I was happy (but kinda irritated) to weigh myself after my gorge fest yesterday to find out that I had lost 3lbs. Isn't God good? These things never happen to me but I am relishing in the magicalness of it all.
I know that this will be hard. I loved being pregnant and eating what I wanted, having my husband's metabolism (towards the second half of my pregnancy anyway). But if we are ever going to have another baby (it's a good 3 years out) I need to get to a healthy weight so that I will never tip the scales above 200 when I am pregnant. It was very hard on me when I weighed over 200lbs again after working so hard to lose it in the first place. Plus, I really want to reveal in being sexy again for awhile. It's nice to be skinny, especially when you were the "fat girl" your whole life.
So even though I will be miserable and probably cranky the next two weeks while my body adapts to losing the weight, I am dedicated. No more cookies, cakes, french fries for me! I have to learn to say no to people again. That's the part I hate, is telling really well meaning friends thanks for the cookies but no I won't have one. I appreciate your support on getting healthy, and any prayers for strength to get through the next couple weeks because they are notoriously the hardest. But so far so good. I have stuck to my diet and not cheated ONCE today.
Now its rinse and repeat tomorrow. That will be the challenge. When my body realizes I am depriving it of much loved sweets, it won't be very nice to me........ but for now I will distract myself with a really cute baby boy who is talking to his new stuffed microbe (the common cold) from Jennifer Chase. He really likes it. I think my son's a nerd, and I am thrilled!! The apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

2 comments:
The phrase, "I feel your pain" comes to mind after reading this post. Geoff and I, following the birth of Parker, decided that we needed to lose weight. I had topped the scales at 210lbs when I was pregnant, and it freaked me out! Prior to getting pregnant, Geoff and I were eating healthy and loosing weight and it felt so good. So we are at it again. So I feel your pain. My goal is to loose at least 20lbs before trying to get pregnant again. So I'll pray for you and your goals. YOU CAN DO IT, especially if you were able to do it before. Good luck!
~Rachel
Ps. Baby Jesse is so stinkin' cute!
jasons already started working on koosing weight, and im starting to feel the itch to do Something again... but im being good and waiting for the 13th and my dr apt... but after that, ill jump on the wagon with you. :)
Post a Comment