What a fantastic weekend! Oh my, it was soo much fun. It all started Friday. I went to pick up baby boy from his aunts house and had tasty enchillada's that Sarah made. And mmmm, mmmm, mmmm where they good! It was fun playing with the babies. Emma is such a cutie and learning to fight back when Jesse tries to play rough with her. I always knew that girl could hold her own... :)
Then Jesse came home from subbing for a second grade class. We got the bicycles and the bike trailer out and rode out to Living Water. We picked up a couple books (The 5 Love Languages, etc) and got coffee on their happy hour special. We got the baby a crossaint and he loved it so much he tried chocking himself by shoveling it in too quickly. Then we realized it was dinner time so we went to Mancino's next door and split their Italian Club (which is delicious by the way). Then we loaded up and rode back home. Just in time to get to game night!
We love game night. Volleyball and food with some of our closest friends. It was a great time. And I love the beginning of volleyball season. We are all typically out of shape so it's more comedy than actual playing.
Saturday was fabulous as well. We got up and Jesse made me a fantastic breakfast of poached eggs, english muffin, and sausage. Then we got ready and went SHOPPING. We had a 30% off coupon at Kohl's so we got me some much needed shorts and Jesse some dockers and dress shirts. His student teaching will be here before we know it so we want him to be loaded up on professional attire. Plus it's so cheap right now given that it's Spring/Summer.
We went to Costco next and bought Jesse his Father's day present. It's a Sport/beach umbrella that you can tack-down but has room for chairs and provides so much shade. It's a quick set up and perfect for having the baby outside. And we had lunch at Costco. $1.50 hot dog and soda.. is there any greater deals? Then we ran to Lowe's and got some finishing blocks for our garden. It looks great now!
Then we went home and played out in the yard and garden. Jesse finished his planting and it's starting to look really good. The strawberries look great. As do the basil and other herbs. The peas are starting to sprout and so are the cucumbers and zucchini. I am psyched for raising our own produce!
Jesse made grilled pizza's for dinner and they were delicious! I took a long and soothing bath in our big tub and went to sleep. I felt so hung over from the extreme amount of sun I had absorbed that day. A wonderful blessing, but still exhausting! What a great day Saturday was!
This morning we got up and went to church. We had lunch afterwards at Artic Circle. I love their yukon gold and sweet potato fries! I would just crave them when I was pregnant with Jesse. And these are actually nearly as good now as they were when I was pregnant. That's a first...
Afterwards we did some yard work. I mowed the lawn. I like mowing the lawn. I usually don't do it because I hate bugs. And I am allergic to grass. But as long as I take my Allegra I am good.
Now the bug issue hasn't been terrible this year. Jesse hired a pest company last summer for the year to get rid of ants and bees and such, and they have done a great job. They knocked down a ton of wasp nests Friday.
Today, as I was cutting Jesse's hair after mowing the lawn, I felt a buzz near my leg. At that exact moment I felt instant PAIN. And I saw it, a wasp. Trying to pollinate me. I was innocent, and doing nothing to the bee. Everyone tells me, don't bother them and they won't bother you! I am having a little PTSD now from this. Luckily he wasn't defensive because he didnt leave his stinger. In the grand scheme of it all I am glad it stung me and NOT the baby.
Jesse made fantastic steaks for dinner and now we are gathered watching the Secret Life of Bee's.. ironic huh?
Then Jesse came home from subbing for a second grade class. We got the bicycles and the bike trailer out and rode out to Living Water. We picked up a couple books (The 5 Love Languages, etc) and got coffee on their happy hour special. We got the baby a crossaint and he loved it so much he tried chocking himself by shoveling it in too quickly. Then we realized it was dinner time so we went to Mancino's next door and split their Italian Club (which is delicious by the way). Then we loaded up and rode back home. Just in time to get to game night!
We love game night. Volleyball and food with some of our closest friends. It was a great time. And I love the beginning of volleyball season. We are all typically out of shape so it's more comedy than actual playing.
Saturday was fabulous as well. We got up and Jesse made me a fantastic breakfast of poached eggs, english muffin, and sausage. Then we got ready and went SHOPPING. We had a 30% off coupon at Kohl's so we got me some much needed shorts and Jesse some dockers and dress shirts. His student teaching will be here before we know it so we want him to be loaded up on professional attire. Plus it's so cheap right now given that it's Spring/Summer.
We went to Costco next and bought Jesse his Father's day present. It's a Sport/beach umbrella that you can tack-down but has room for chairs and provides so much shade. It's a quick set up and perfect for having the baby outside. And we had lunch at Costco. $1.50 hot dog and soda.. is there any greater deals? Then we ran to Lowe's and got some finishing blocks for our garden. It looks great now!
Then we went home and played out in the yard and garden. Jesse finished his planting and it's starting to look really good. The strawberries look great. As do the basil and other herbs. The peas are starting to sprout and so are the cucumbers and zucchini. I am psyched for raising our own produce!
Jesse made grilled pizza's for dinner and they were delicious! I took a long and soothing bath in our big tub and went to sleep. I felt so hung over from the extreme amount of sun I had absorbed that day. A wonderful blessing, but still exhausting! What a great day Saturday was!
This morning we got up and went to church. We had lunch afterwards at Artic Circle. I love their yukon gold and sweet potato fries! I would just crave them when I was pregnant with Jesse. And these are actually nearly as good now as they were when I was pregnant. That's a first...
Afterwards we did some yard work. I mowed the lawn. I like mowing the lawn. I usually don't do it because I hate bugs. And I am allergic to grass. But as long as I take my Allegra I am good.
Now the bug issue hasn't been terrible this year. Jesse hired a pest company last summer for the year to get rid of ants and bees and such, and they have done a great job. They knocked down a ton of wasp nests Friday.
Today, as I was cutting Jesse's hair after mowing the lawn, I felt a buzz near my leg. At that exact moment I felt instant PAIN. And I saw it, a wasp. Trying to pollinate me. I was innocent, and doing nothing to the bee. Everyone tells me, don't bother them and they won't bother you! I am having a little PTSD now from this. Luckily he wasn't defensive because he didnt leave his stinger. In the grand scheme of it all I am glad it stung me and NOT the baby.
Jesse made fantastic steaks for dinner and now we are gathered watching the Secret Life of Bee's.. ironic huh?
2 comments:
You need the bees!
But I agree, wasps are jerks. Just try and encourage your honey bees or your garden will be sad.
i love the umbrella. :)
also, ha, my captcha says "beexual". :D
Post a Comment