Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day Jesse, Your Gift is a 4th Tooth

We had a fantastic time up in Cascade. The Ashley Inn is a fantastic hotel. The pool is crummy, but who really goes to a hotel for a pool.. (so maybe I do)? The food was fantastic, the room glorious, the baby an angel! They had a pack and play in the room ready for the baby with a blanket and everything.

Baby Jesse was so excited he happily jumped up and down in the play pen and enjoyed himself in there for a couple hours. He loved the TV and being right next to our bed. It seemed like he felt like he was on vacation as well.

We caught his sleeping like the picture above. Belly down, butt way up in the air. That's my boy.

He slept pretty good too, nearly 10 hours straight. He only woke up when Daddy decided to get ready to go get breakfast downstairs.

He handled the car ride like a champ and mostly slept the whole way. He loved the Banana shake and fries from My Father's Place. And he can still charm any lady into giving him freebies. He got gold fish crackers from a lady he flirted with at the hotel.

Big Jesse took us to Roseberry, Idaho outside of Donnelly. Apparently it is a historic town that has a museum there. Jesse had to plan a mock field trip with us for his class and write it up as though he planned a field trip for a class. It was pretty neat. I liked the general store. It reminded me of my grandparents house in some ways and Little House on the Prarie in others. The top picture is of Jesse buying Pick Up Sticks from the old store.
***********************************************************
On another note baby Jesse is growing tooth #4. Three teeth in like 10 days, no wonder he had the exceptionally crabby period. Goodness. He now is growing the bottom front tooth on the right!
And I think he had a nightmare last night. He was screaming last night like something was hurting him but he just laid there and wouldn't move. That kind of freaked me out. So I picked him up and he'd move some but just flopped his head on my shoulder and wailed. He refused to open his eyes. I made him a bottle and he calmed down as I was feeding him and seemed surprised and delighted he was awoken to being fed and hanging out with mommy and daddy in our room.
He has his nine month appointment tomorrow. So I will have an update on his stats soon.
*******************************************
Jesse had a good Father's Day all-in-all, I think. An excellent trip to Cascade, hamburgers, a museum, and I made homemade soup. If you knew my husband- trust me.. it's a very good way to spend HIS day.
He is such a great Daddy too. Everytime he see's his son I swear his eyes twinkle and a smile of pure pride creeps upon his face. No kid in the world has ever been luckier than mine to have a better daddy!
He still gets up with him in the middle of the night and feeds him so I can get a full nights rest before work. And he doesn't stop doing it on weekends. I am such a lucky wife!




No comments: