Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Trying to Get Back Into Shape and 6 Teeth!

I am exhausted! Mostly because my diet has been a heartbreaker. I can be really good and after 2 weeks lose NOTHING. I think my body is hanging on to the baby weight a lot more stringently than I gave it credit for. Everytime I was good and didn't produce noticable results I'd go back to eating like I always did. It didn't make me gain, but it wasn't helping me lose weight either.

So I decided I have to do both the diet and 'freaking out' my metabolism by exercising more. I got a punch pass for the rec center to see if I like it, and I really do. I just wanna make sure I will be motivated enough to purchase an entire pass and actually go. I love the TV on each machine. And it's nice to go and do your own thing for an hour without interuption.

I started Saturday and have exercised for at least 45 minutes every day thus far. I did the rec Saturday and today and rode my bike the other days. I am feeling stronger already but the initial 2 weeks of getting into shape are always the worst.

I have been feeling like one of my patients lately. Back pain that also radiates up into my shoulders. Oh and occasional shooting pain down my left leg. I decided enough was enough.

Since I have been working out I am feeling better in regards to my back pain. My knees on the other hand are a different story. I have been on daily Ibuprofen before and after workouts just to avoid limping. I think I have grown a lot of sympathy for my patients with diffuse arthritis who just give me the "How?" look when I suggest to workout more.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Meanwhile, Jesse Jay grew two more teeth. This puts us up to six. The two teeth next to the middle ones on top are now poking through. We have got some more uninterrupted sleep the past few days. He woke up last night again though, but he went back to bed with the pacifier. Not really sure what thats about.

He is eating almost all food, just chopped up finely. We went to Red Robin today. Grandma Sharon took us. She got him Chicken Tortilla Soup he just devoured. And he loves the french fries. He chased it all with a bottle and was a happy man. Especially when he got a balloon.

I have learned now not to give the baby a toy and turn away. He likes to chew and slobber on tags now. Its so disgusting I can't put it back, and feel guilted into purchasing the item. I need to bring a toy with us wherever we go these days.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Only a few more weeks of Jesse's summer classes are left. Then we get to go on a little trip to Oregon. I can't wait!

No comments: