Saturday, July 25, 2009

Some Updates

I have been very diligent about working out these past two weeks. Unfortunately the scale hasn't bended to my expectations. Everyone says I look thinner though. And my pants all used to be tight, and now are a loose. But the scale is quite stubborn and at moments I feel very discouraged. I know it's going to start coming off soon. But it's difficult being patient.

The Arendt genes are somewhat impedeing my progress. We have the ability to grow muscle like body builders with very minimal effort. My legs feel and look bigger. I need to stop increasing my resistance on the eliliptical and get my heart rate into the fat burning column more frequently.

I have used my rec center punch pass 7 times in 2 weeks. And I have purposely restrained myself from going as often as I like. I think we have solved the dillema of would I actually use the pass enough to get my money's worth from it. Next pay check I will take the leap and invest. I love that the rec center is only a couple miles from my house.

I feel good. My back is still is tense, but overall I have much more energy and feel a lot less stressed. This has been a good remedy for venting out life stresses. I come home a little tired, but feeling accomplished. It is also fantastic to get a little "me" time after working all day.
**************************

Baby Jesse continues to grow teeth. He has still got his cold somewhat. But he continues to eat better and sleep throughout the night more often than not. He still seems to refuse to walk. He is capable, but why when crawling is so perfected?

He is 10 months old today! Only 2 more months until his first birthday. Time sure goes by fast!
***************************

On an irritating note, our trip to Oregon was unfortunately cancelled. Jesse asked his program if he had anything he needed to be here for, for the 2 weeks he has off in August between classes. He was told no initially. Then, you have to be back in the middle of your trip. And yesterday, "sorry you are student teaching in the other school district. You'll have to be available before your trip would even start." *groan!* I really needed a vacation too.

I haven't decided what I am going to do about it now. I may just take a four day weekend and visit family or something. I don't know anything for sure. So we will have to see. I hate disappointing people. We have been to his family reunion once since we have been married.
**************************

I should get ready and go out and do something this beautiful July day. We are going to the Nampa farmers market, the Library, and the fair! Baby Jesse's first fair!

1 comment:

Kayla Casos said...

I am very impressed with your determination with your workout and dieting! Sorry about the trip cancellation- I know that would be such a bummer. I hope little Jesse will sleep better soon!!