I brought Jesse home from Sarah's house today and noticed something new, white and shiny in the back left lower side of his mouth. Low and behold, its his first molar! This makes so much sense as he was biting people and using his teething toys at an astronomical rate over Labor Day weekend. And, as we have discovered, he has taken to teething on his crib. So now it has some bite marks in the beautiful wood that I am a little heartbroken about.
My mom says these will become great memories and I will cherish his bite marks someday. Her grandmother had a rocking chair that had bite marks from the kids all over it. When she had it redone, she strictly informed them not to destroy the memories/ bite marks because they were important to her.
At game night tonight Jesse Jay would stand on his own for 5-10 seconds before grabbing on to something nearby. He also would walk between Esther, Jan, and I. It was only a few steps, but I am totally counting it!
I think we need to start weening him off his binkie, which he won't love. But it's probably time. And he says "ya" now and is close to saying what, this, and that. He also has developed the cutest grin. He throws his head back, does a cheesy grin, scruntches his nose and closes his eyes. It's my favorite and makes my heart melt!
These are the things our little guy has been up to. Only two weeks left until my "baby" is a toddler. Yikes! :)
2 comments:
i'm totally with you on the binkie thing... Lucas is completely off the bottle, the binkie is the next step, but I DON't WANNA! I think I'll wait until another long weekend to do it - in case of no sleep.
Congrats on the molar! And the steps - so fun!
you know, i think i saw that tooth on friday. he had been chewing on one of the tags on a toy, and a few minutes later crawled over to me and i thought i saw something white in his mouth. i finger swept his mouth, thinking it must be the tag but nothing was there. it must have been his new tooth!
Post a Comment