Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Adorable Mini-Maddux Men

My guys are getting so cute! I snapped this photo of the two of them snuggling on the couch the other day and I am absolutely smitten with it. Jesse Jay continues to be a good big brother. He still showers Toby with kisses and now likes to put his arm around him or have him nearby. As you can see Toby is working on chunking up.

I'm not sure how much Toby weights now, but I plan to schedule his 2 month well child check with the pediatrician soon. He is doing well though. He has an amazing smile and giggle that lights up his whole face and it's just amazing! He is pretty laid back, like his brother. However, I am starting to see less and less similiarities between him and Jesse Jay. It's so fun to watch him take on his own looks and personality. I am told Toby looks more like his dad. But he definately has my chin.

I wanted you to see how long those eyelashes are on Jesse Jay. They are just beautiful! He is now sleeping in his toddler conversion bed. We are switching rooms soon. Daddy plans to move the convertible toddler bed into the new room first, then switch beds to minimize too many transitions at once. He was doing so well and would stay in bed until we came and got him out. Over the past 3 days he has rediscovered that he could open his door. So it's been a bit more of a struggle.

++++++++++
As for the parents of these handsome boys, nothing has changed for us. Jesse is still applying for jobs to teach and we are praying an excellent opportunity opens up for him. One of my patients promised to put a good word in for him at one of the local districts, which was so nice.

I enjoy my job immensely. It's so exciting and never ceases to amaze me what I learn- about people and medical conditions in general. I work with some pretty fantastic people and that brings me such joy.
+++++++++++

Well, off to bed. I've thoroughly snuggled my boys and it's time for this mama to get some needed rest so we can get to church in the morning.

No comments: