Monday, October 25, 2010

5 AM Workouts and Baby Land News

It's official. My postpartum thyroid issues have resolved and I am back to "normal." Well, as normal as a working mom of two kids in diapers can be. I suspected things were getting better as my hair hasn't been falling out in clumps, my moods have been better and easier to control, and I have some semblance of "energy," though, at times it is fleeting.

My weight has still been an issue. I lost 8 lbs immediately after re-commiting to my weight-loss regimen 2 weeks ago. And now my body is holding on to every pound so tightly, it's hard to get the scale to tip in my favor. So now that the "diet" is pretty solidified- I decided I needed to exercise. But time is hard to come by and I need consistency. The only consistent time is 5 am. I hate mornings. I would like to highly stress that I am not a morning person. For years, the thought of doing what most successful people at weight loss tell me to do- early am work outs, was just something I could not commit to.

Then I was watching the Today Show last week. One of the Biggest Loser contestants is someone I felt like I could identify with. She explained how much she hates getting up and isn't a morning person. But if she can do it, so could I. It's hard at first, but it gets easier. Boy was she right!

After just 2 mornings, I already feel a difference in my body adjusting to a new consistent wake up time. I just need my body to adjust to a new bedtime.

I picked my workout partner when I was discussing the need to find an accountability buddy (at work) who would "kick my butt" if I didn't show. I'm too social and I need to go to the gym with somebody. She told me she was thinking of starting at the gym too. Our personalities are so similar. We don't let people get away with much, but are very much go getter's. She pushes me to wake up every morning, and I push here in the same way. And it is really working!

So far the scale is still hanging on to every pound. But I know eventually I will break this platue, and it will fall off in a big way. It's just reminding myself constantly, when I feel discouraged- is the key.

In baby land news.....

Toby is sleeping through the night, most nights. We moved his crib to the playroom to give him a trial at his own space, and it's working. Most times he whines for a minute or two and falls back asleep. Jesse Jay has been doing mid night wakings the past couple nights, though last night was a good night.

Toby is trying to crawl. Currently he is doing floor time and has his little bum high in the air. Then he falls over, rolls over on his brother- which irritates Jesse Jay. Then Toby smiles and giggles at his brother and all is forgiven. Repeat over and over again, and you get a few for my morning. Add in coffee with pumpkin spice creamer and you're right here with me.

Today is a coveted day off. We have to drop of Kookies (yes, I spelled that right) to work for the prison ministry, drop some stuff off to my sister-in-law, grab coffee for Melinda, clean house, make dinner, and get these boys dressed- but not in that order.

Hopefully the weather improves this evening for family photos with Heidi.... praying about that because the weather man is trying to depress me.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

These boys are just silly!
My camera is just a little Canon PowerShot...it does pretty good, but I want one of those big fancy ones!