Monday, October 11, 2010

Flights and Family Time

So the past couple weeks have just flown on by- literally and figuratively....

At the end of September my mother and I flew out of BOI airport to our individual destinations. She to Seattle to return home from her visit for Jesse Jay's second birthday party and I to Spokane for the WAPA (Washington Academy of Physician Assistants) Conference. My friend Leah lives up there and I got to stay and attend the conference with her. It was so much fun and I learned a lot.

The conference was held in the Davenport Hotel in Spokane, which is a beautiful place! The food is decadent and the hotel is just breath taking. They fed us lunch daily and we had amazing 3 course meals. Unfortunately I gained 3 lbs from this yummy trip. The best part, by far, was catching up with my friend and seeing what has happened the past couple years.

I flew home to a warm welcoming from my guys. They stayed busy while I was gone. Jesse has been getting a good number of subbing jobs between everywhere he subs for. It appears he is building a pretty good reputation and people are starting to specifically request him- we hope it keeps up. He likes subbing, but is just aching to get a job next school year.

I had a couple days off after I returned and then worked 3- 12 hour shifts in a row at our satellite location. I enjoyed them. We were slow, and I am hoping that location picks up soon. I like being busy. It keeps my mind off missing my guys.

Now I am on day #4 of 5 days off. We have accomplished a lot, but not nearly the amount I thought we would. Kids really slow down the clean-up and errand momentum. They're worth it though. Just forgive me, I will never have a totally clean house until they are much older (how much older is not yet determined). But I'd rather be spending the time now than having a museum- I have to say this because sometimes I get really discouraged with the piles and to do lists. Now I make an effort to keep what's on my to do list on there, and cross out completed items. That way, when I feel like nothing got finished, I can see that's not the case and feel better about it.

I also think about how, granted we LOVE our house- but one day we would like to move out and build our "dream" house. It's no where close to being in the immediate or foreseeable future- but its something to think of when I feel the need to dream and plan for something.

I am going round #3 to restart my diet. Life has calmed down and physically/emotionally I am starting to feel better since postpartum Toby. I have my TSH repeat test coming up soon. I think it will be normal, but we will see. I also figured given these 5 days off I have the time to invest in the mental game and the tiredness that first sets in. Day #3- so far so good. I am doing light workouts and making it a priority. So far, down 4 lbs. Here is hoping that's actually REAL.

Lastly, I wanted to share with you all how I did Jesse Jay's Thank You Cards for his birthday gifts- I sat him down in his chair, grabbed a small box, opened one side. Tapped down the corners of the cards and gave him markers. This was a heavily supervised activity, mind you. He colored all over them. He told me when he was "all done." Then I took the cards and wrote in a sharpie over them "This is Jesse Jays way of saying Thank You for the gift. He loved it. Love, Jesse Jay." It was adorable and everyone loved them!

Now to enjoy an unexpected, but blessed day off with my guys. Oh the possibilities are endless....

No comments: