So the past few weeks baby Jesse is usually still his happy go-lucky self, but at night seems to just cry out in pain out of nowhere. And requires more soothing than he normally has so far. I have been massaging his gums with my finger everyday (mostly because he hates pacifers, teething rings and finds mom's finger the most scrumptious thing the world) and recently felt a sharp thing poking out of his top gum. I had Melinda, Jesse, and Esther check and they all agree- it's his first tooth poking out!!
He also discovered his lips and loves blowing raspberry's. He is sooo funny.
Baby Jesse got babysat on Friday by one of my trauma surgeons and his wife. They seemed to really enjoy him. They made lots of comments on how "happy a baby he is" and "how cute he is" Both of which are my favorite topics and NO! I never get tired of hearing about it. Please feel free to go on and on about it. I don't mind. Honest :)
Oh, and meanwhile the husband and I went skiing with the Casos' on Friday. We had a blast too! I loved hanging out with them. And it was fun to race the girls down the hill. Only Danielle beat me (and whoa, is SHE fast!!) down the bunny hill. And no, I don't ski anything else. I tried half of the intermediate hill and fell. So I wanna be a wimp and not ski anything else.
I assisted Dr. Foss in a colostomy takedown Saturday. Yea, Saturday. With me switching jobs soon I have offered to help out whenever needed. It helps when I need days off but ultimately I appreciate the more time I can get in the OR before I become a 50/50 PA (half clinic half OR duties). And I felt like CRAP. Apparently I now have a cold.
And today Jesse, Melinda, and I became members of Nampa First Church of the Nazarene. We went home afterwards and watched movies all day, since none of us are feeling good.
This coming Friday I leave with the NNU debate team to help judge the tournament at Western Washington University. I'm looking forward to an "all expense paid vacation." I know I will miss my little boy, but know I am leaving him in capable hands.
So that's what we are up to. Im just hoping to get over this cold TODAY if at all possible. It's really causing me to drag. I have been feeling down about the weight loss too. I lost 9 lbs and then magically gained 4 back in a day. So maybe that weigh in wasn't accurate. I plan on getting back on the dieting horse once I get better. I can't diet and be sick at the same time.
1 comment:
yay tooth and membership! :D
Post a Comment