Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Cutting Back TV Outcome

We have survived a week of very little TV. We are talking less than 6 hours total. More has been accomplished and the boys nap better throughout the day (as in go down without fussing and crying). My favorite thing has been watching Jesse Jay play more and become more creative. We don't miss the TV. We put on the music more and what a blessing to see little Jesse and his dancing (comical really).

With the upcoming new episodes/Fall premieres we may have to move our hour from Elmo to about after bed time. Though, considering I am getting a lot of OT this week (thank you God!) I probably won't even care. And I love that a lot of my shows are on the Internet now and I can watch them whenever I want too.

**********************

Toby is still not really sleeping. Jesse is working on letting him cry it out. I slept on the futon upstairs to get some much needed rest (as I worked all weekend) and Jesse dealt with it. Hasn't changed anything. He is trying keeping him up a couple more hours to see if we can move the 3 am wakening to a more reasonable 5-6 am. Here is hoping. But oh boy, do I have the most wonderful husband in the world or what??

I just re-read that paragraph. Ewww... really? When did 5-6 am become reasonable???

This is one of those, God knows what he is doing moments. And we can see why Jesse doesn't have a job this year. We couldn't imagine both of us working AND going through these sleep problems.

No comments: