Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dear God, Please Help Toby Sleep....

Toby isn't sleeping. I suppose I should say he isn't sleeping well but when your exhausted everything goes to extremes. He has no fever. But incredibly fussy and prefers to be held ALL the time. When he wakes up, he screams like he is dying. He never wakes up happy. I finally caved after this has been going on for a couple weeks and had him checked. And he is fine. No ear infections or any obvious source for his grumpiness. He just loves his mama and daddy so much he can't stand being asleep and missing out on us, I guess. Somethings gotta give because I am losing my patience and possibly my sanity.

During the day he coos and smiles. I looked pretty silly having his ears checked the other day as Toby is smiling and babbling to the doctor. "Don't let him fool you, his evil twin comes out at night," I wanted to say.

He is such a different baby from Jesse Jay. Jesse Jay was the epitome of laid back. Not a whole lot phased him or got him riled up. He slept all night from 6 weeks on. Doesn't fuss much. Happy kid. I see him as the kid who breaks an arm, but doesn't act like anything is wrong until 3 weeks later when it's falling off (yea, I am being HIGHLY over dramatic, but you get the idea.)

Toby, I see as the man cold type. Poor little bunny has a cold. If you haven't seen the Man Cold.. You Tube it.. it is BEYOND hilarious. Now don't let me over exaggerate. He is still a very good baby. He fusses mildly, but is usually all giggles and smiles during the day. He just has a rotten time with sleep. And he will go a day or two sleeping all night, and then a week or so for pay back for the luxury. I was already at the point of mandatory coffee to get through the day coherently. This is pushing me a little over the edge. At least Jesse doesn't have to leave tomorrow for subbing until 820. Maybe we should try and get some sleep.

Lord knows if I stay up anticipating he will wake up, he sleeps. Until I nod off.. then let the screaming commence!

No comments: