Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Crud

The boys' and I have all had colds for quite some time. Mama (me) started it a week earlier. Mine has lingered on and on- into a sinus infection, again. My head hurts, my ears hurt, my face hurts.... you name it, it hurts. It makes me a little cloudy and difficult to think quickly. Ugh. I sucked it up and saw my doctor about this and other issues I have been having. I'm on an antibiotic but it certainly is taking its sweet time to work.

So I have quarantined myself inside our home to recover with the boys who also have had runny noses and coughs the past week. No fevers, sleepless nights, or problems breathing so we are waiting it out before I take them in. Don't worry- I know what I am doing. Er, I think? Being in the medical field AND a mom doesn't make my judgement perfect, by any means. Outside of being quarantined, I go to work and that's it. Don't worry- sinus infections aren't contagious.

I am getting cabin fever. I have badly wanted to go out and shop. I don't generally like to shop, but I love this time of year. I love Christmas! I have found great gifts for nearly everyone. I have succumbed to online shopping for much of it this year, which has helped sizzle some of this NEED to get out. Free shipping, online discounts (hard to forget your coupon when your AT home) and being able to find EXACTLY what I want and compare prices within seconds... has been lovely. We also hadn't bought us (the parents) clothes in a long time- so Jesse and I used our Kohl's Coupon and got some new work clothes at killer prices.

I had to miss a couple workouts last week with my workout partner because I have just been SICK and not getting better. I hate to cancel. I hate not working out. But it seemed to start making me feel worse, and not better. I have had a lot of rest now and I am hoping I can handle getting up tomorrow and resuming my workouts again. I need to do something that doesn't involve my house or work.

On the bright side, I have been far more domestic lately, working on new recipes, even baking. Oh goodness... who IS this woman.

No comments: