I hope you like the new pictures for the blog. We had Heidi do them for us, as per our usual. And I think they are lovely.
Jesse Jay hasn't repeated his potty trick. In fact, he seems to not want to use the potty because we want him to. So we are asking on occasion but not pushing him to go. He gets pretty resentful and dramatic about the whole process if we do. He is talking a lot more. A real parrot and repeats most things I say. He is going around counting to 5 every chance he gets. Oh and today he decided he was "scared" of the sound of the garbage truck. I took him outside and showed him what the noise was- a big truck. He watched it until we couldn't see it anymore. He didn't say he was scared anymore, so I think it may have worked. He likes watching his PBS programs and responds now to the ones that ask him questions, though it's all confidently stated jibberish.
Toby is sitting up more and more, with little assistance these days. He is getting on all fours and inch worm crawling. He still is a very happy guy and giggles at almost anything. We are battling a horrible diaper rash. I think since he went to solids its making the whole thing worse- especially fruits, I have noticed. We are doing just formula and rice cereal until it clears. He is blowing raspberries and mimicking us any chance he gets.
Both boys have mild colds. Though neither one seems very down and out about it. Me on the other hand, I feel like I have the plague. Mornings are far worse than evenings. My body just aches and I just cant get enough sleep right now.
I have been busy with work, though still loving it. The fall-winter months are always busier in family practice/urgent care settings because of cold and flu season. I also think its because kids are back in school, a huge breeding ground for germs. Other than being sick, we (Jesse and I) had our 5 year college reunion at NNU this weekend and got to spend time with friends, and really had fun. I am still working out 4-5 times a week, though my body is just hanging on to every pound it can. It's hard to diet when you feel ill too- your body just craves fluids and calories for energy. But I am not giving up and I am still sticking with it. Only 35 more pounds to go to my goal weight. I have lost 9 total in the past month. Not too bad. But my clothes look worse because I am losing it in weird areas. Oh, and in an idiotic moment- I burned my lip on scalding hot pizza the other day. My bottom lip was VERY painful. Still is cracked and swollen and tender to the touch. Hopefully that heals quickly.
Jesse (Sr) has been getting a lot of subbing jobs. People are requesting him specifically and it is wonderful. He took a few days off last week and it was extremely difficult for him to do because he kept being offered jobs left and right. He felt bad declining, but really wanted to spend time with our friends as it really was a once in every 5-10 year kind of opportunity. We are feeling very encouraged for next year. Lots of people (in high places) think he will have no problems finding a position next year.
Please just pray we get over these colds soon. Mine has been going on for 10 days. Pretty soon I will likely suck it up and get an antibiotic, but I prefer to do what I advise my patients- give your body a chance to fight this.
No comments:
Post a Comment