Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010- The Christmas Weekend

We had a good 3 day weekend. We started Christmas Eve with friends and waffles. They were delicious. Well, both the company and waffles. Jesse Jay ate a ton. He has been such an eater lately. I think he is getting ready for another growth spurt. Then we spent the majority of the day just relaxing, spending time and enjoying every minute of it. That evening we took Melinda to Messenger Pizza and finally tried the Chuck Norris pizza. Interesting, but not my favorite. I'd have named the Jalapeno Popper Pizza the Chuck Norris- that one is like a round house kick to the mouth of DELICIOUS. We then took the boys around neighborhoods to look at Christmas lights. Not many neighborhoods did lights this year. But Jesse Jay liked pointing to houses and saying "prrrrreeeey lights!"

Christmas Day we all woke up to open presents. We pointed out to Jesse Jay the cookies and milk he left for Santa were misteriously gone, but he didn't really get it this year. We video taped us opening presents, so pardon my lack of pictures. Toby let Jesse Jay or us help him open his presents. Forgive him, he is 8 months old. He got a new car seat, a drum with lots of instruments in it, a new bath tub toy collector (a big turtle), some tub toys, a tent, Little People toy set, an infant teether toy, a firetruck, a light up/glitter strobe ball, etc. Jesse Jay got Elmo (x a million). He got Elmo underwear that he loves to wear (can you feel the potty training bribery), Elmo PJs, an Elmo bath toy, an Elmo Wii Game from Grandma, Grandpa, candy, building blocks, a Veggie Tales Bible Book, some more glow in the dark stars and planets for his ceiling, a nightlight that projects a constellation on the wall, a Mr. Potato Head projector toy, books, clothes, etc. They made out like Bandits!

Santa brought both boys an Elf on the Shelf. If you havent heard of this, it's awesome and I highly recommend it to your family. It comes with an Elf and a book. Check it out at: Elf On The Shelf.

Then we had a lovely brunch. I made a potato, kielbasa, egg, cheese, onion and green pepper mixture while Jesse made fresh homemade Apple Cider Donuts. It was delicious. We played games and with our respective toys for hours. I got 5 Wii Games: Super Mario Wii, Mario All-stars (all the old NES games in one), Zelda: Twilight Princess, Just Dance 2, and Raymonds Ravving Rabids. All are super fun. I am obsessed with Zelda right now. Jesse Jay likes to (pretend) play with me and gets his own Wii-mote and makes all the motions. He is so cute. I also got a laptop lap desk (my old one broke and this one comes with a fan you plug in via USB!) and some new headphones for my workouts.

For Christmas Dinner, we got to spend that with good friends. The Allen's had us over with a lot of our other friends for yummy prime rib. We felt spoiled by everyone. They also gave us gifts. We got a Mom calendar, candied walnuts that we all love (Jesse Jay too), picture frames, etc. The boys got some clothes, toys, an ornament, and a Giant Stuffed Microbe- MRSA (complete with cape). We sang songs. I had the boys dressed super cute. See.


I love little boy ties and they are so hard to find. I love my little men in ties. I found these on sale at Target. I figure they'll soon outgrow matching and wont let me do that to them. Might as well get away with it while I can.

The next day we went to church as a family, then I took the girls out for a movie and some lunch at Northern Light Cinema and Grill. I had coupons which made me go- but I have been there a couple times now and I love that place! Jesse Jay got to see Megamind there the 22nd for his first movie and did so good. I'm sure the popcorn helped, but I was so proud of him.

I have immensley enjoyed having my husband home the past 2 weeks. I am going to miss him when he is busy subbing again, and updating and keeping his applications on-file and up to date at local districts for when they are looking for teachers next school year. But he is helping me so much. Mostly to get over this dreadful cold I have suddenly developed.

I need to go to bed. Goodnight.

No comments: