Today is a snow day. All the districts Jesse subs for are closed. So far we've had 7+ inches. I was working last night and drove home in it. It was that moment that I was extremely grateful for a job a mile away from the house. I wasnt worried about the drive because its easy to be very careful and vigiliant and not feeling rushed for a 5 minute commute. I'm supposed to be at work right now, but my boss told me to stay home and be "on-call" to come in. It's been a very slow day as everyone seems to be staying home.
I woke up this morning to my husband and two little boys saying "get mommy." I quickly grabbed Toby and snuggled him in. Toby and I pretended to be asleep while Jesse Jay decided it was his mission to wake us up by pouncing on us. Giggling all the while.
Jesse made gingerbread shaped pancakes, eggs, and turkey sausage for breakfast. While we waited I gave Jesse Jay a snow pre-view. He loved pushing snow off the grill in the back. He didnt like it when snow stuck to his clothes and had to wipe it off. He threw the biggest fit I have ever seen from him about coming back in.
Then after breakfast, warming up and some Elmo we were ready for snow- round two. Jesse Jay loves playing in it and says its "hot." We're working on that. Him and daddy started building a fort together and he loved that too.
Toby did not like the snow and preferred to be brought inside and near the fireplace. We snapped a few pictures to commemerate his first "real" snow and quickly brought him in since he has an ear infection.
After 10 minutes inside I heard little boy whimpering at the front door and a smooshed Jesse Jay face on the window by the door. I was worried he would just playy and play until he got frost bite, but he certainly knew when he was done. We got him out of wet clothes, into dry ones and near the fire (with some Sid the Science Kid) and he was golden.
Now we are eating some turkey soup that is oh too delicious to be leftovers and some warm rolls. Snuggling together and getting ready to watch Glee. It's been a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment