Today was wonderful too. I think I am trying to squeeze every ounce of wonderful out of this long break before I return to work. The plus side is, it's working!
After repeating my delicious chicken tortilla soup for dinner, we rearranged some furniture and got the Ol' (aluminum) Christmas tree out. One of these years we are going to get a real one because how can the grand daughter of a Christmas tree farmer not have a real one- at least once. Darn allergies keep me saying, "maybe next year."
So this year Jesse Jay was actually old enough to help, a little. He helped daddy "fluff" the tree, then helped string lights and hung ornaments.

Ornaments and lights need to be hung just so. The hat is a Tigger Christmas hat I bought while working the Christmas holiday in 2002. We bring it out every year for the decorating.

This is our tree fully decorated! It may not seem like much, but it works and the best thing is the ornaments are out of the crawling infants reach! We are starting a tradition of getting the boys an ornament every year until they're 18. When they get married- they'll inherit the ornaments for their first Christmas.

And no Christmas would be complete without the stockings hung by the chimney with care! I love the boys' new stockings- Leah and I found them at Winco in Spokane. She got cowboy boots and the boys got these awesome high top sneakers!!

And the evening was completed when Jesse made hot "chalkey" for us to celebrate. Someone is in chocolate heaven....

No comments:
Post a Comment