Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Really Great Day

My husband, is wonderful. He had opportunities to sub today, but I have been feeling pretty down and overwhelmed with everything we need to get done. So he took the day off.

It started off this morning with sleeping in until 930! Wow, I felt glorious and human again. Then Jesse made us breakfast- potatoes, bacon and eggs. And it was delicious. Then we got the kids bathed, and now Jesse Jay smells great. It's lovely when he loses that ferret smell.

The boys went down for their naps and I cut Jesse's (Sr) hair. I got to take a hot shower which felt great on my back- which has been sore for months now and had recently flared up again. It's nice to have time to shave your legs too. Hahaha, thats one of the "you know you're a mom when" things.... time to shave your legs without being rushed, is coveted.

Jesse woke up from his nap, but Toby napped for 3-4 hours or so. So Jesse Jay and I went to run the errands I have been needing to finish for months. We had a blast!

We started out getting a gift card for a friend. Then we went and stopped by work so I could say hello to one of my co-workers. Then we dropped off some presents. Then we got another gift card. And then we got ice cream. Jesse Jay was in love. We got a cinnamon bun blend that was to die for. Then, I wanted coffee (I am trying to kick back) but I had a terrible "you're addicted- face it" headache. Jesse Jay kept asking me for "foffee." I needed to make a Target run so we got him his own (hot chocolate) that he devoured. Best dollar and 17 cents ever spent. He was in heaven. Then we went to Other Mothers for another bed railing to move Jesse Jay's bed and Winco to buy chicken to cook for dinner.

We came home and Jesse (Sr) helped me unload as the boys played. Melinda came home and played as well. Toby, meanwhile, was playing with Jesse Jays pop up toy. You push/pull/rotate buttons so characters pop out. I did that for him. I turned around a second and all of a sudden they were all down again. I couldn't believe Toby had done that. My 7 month old is a genius, I tell you. So I did it again... and again. Yep, definitely him. He also fed himself O's today. And they actually made it into his mouth! His fine motor skills and comprehension are just sky rocketing right now!

This evening we got to watch the new Shrek movie, Jesse Jay had picked out at Target. He had some left over grandma money so we ok'ed one early present. He loves it too. We also got to go to the work Family Christmas party. The boys got to meet Santa. Jesse took a photo and quickly bailed. Toby tried to pull Santa's beard off. He wasn't fooled. I took Jesse aside and said, "Didnt you want to tell Santa Clause what you want for Christmas so he can bring it to you?" He ran over to him and said, "Elmo!!" and ran away again. He got some cookies and a ornament project to do at home.

Then we came home. Jesse (Sr) made fresh homemade linguini pasta with our garden supplied pesto sauce and it was delicious. He made a rosemary encrusted chicken breast as well. My friend from work, her family came over and had dinner with us as her little boy and Jesse played. He loves "big kids." They both ran around giggling and playing hard. Jesse Jay was so happy and running around that he was red in the face- smiling the whole time.

We didn't have time to set up for Christmas. But that's ok. We are doing it Saturday. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and a house to clean in Christmas decoration preparation.

Saturday we will Christmas-afy the house and then Jesse and I get a date night/work party. Sunday Melinda and I are planning to take Jesse Jay to his first movie theater experience. The big question is Tangled or Megamind. Hmmm.... still haven't decided.

Then Monday and/or Tuesday we are going to do our baking and take it easy. I work all but one day before Christmas Eve before I get multiple days off again, so I gotta enjoy this pre-Christmas time to the fullest.

Oh, and I am officially done with Christmas shopping. Yes!! Now just to finish "prettying up" a few gifts. And on to the horrible daunting task of wrapping. I used to ask my sisters to wrap presents for me. Wish they still could!

1 comment:

katieanne said...

Elmo! I love it. Glad you had a nice day!