Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Beyond Frustrated....

Last night, as I wrote on my Facebook.com profile, I was "feeling a bit itchy. Hopefully it's all psychosomatic (in my head). But it wasn't. I woke up this morning to increased irritation and rash. I promptly took my benadryl which was due to be taken at that time. I woke up three hours later not feeling much better so I took my steroids. 6 hours later I am still moderately miserable. Hrrumpff!!

I called the allergists and made an appointment for the 7th of January in their Meridian office for testing/workup to get this problem identified. I know I am allergic to cats, grass, dust mites, and scotchbroom. None of which should have worsened by coming to Washington. Plus, I have never reacted like this. I have noticed the rash seems most prolific in areas my clothes are a smidgen tighter (straps, waist lines, etc.) It may be the new laundry soap we are using so my mom has washed all my clothes to see if that helps. I am taking showers now without any soap to eliminate that as the cause.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I am feeling extremely down (call it 'roid rage, whatever) and have magically gained 5lbs in 2 days from the pills. This has been no fun and my husbands eyes say it all.. "I wish I could help, or figure it out, or something." But no real answers yet. This has gotten beyond annoying.

2 comments:

Krista Rose said...

oh, Sarah! How awful! I know that sometimes an allergic reaction to one thing can set off reactions to everything. I hope you get over this soon! I'll be praying for you!

Jennifer said...

Hugs, even if you ARE scaly. I hope you feel better. It is no fun being sick on Christmas. :( Loves.