

I keep saying baby Jesse might be teething, but this time we are pretty sure. The past couple days he has had hours of crying that are just inconsolable. Poor guy. And he is drooling A LOT!! and he is gnawing on his burp cloths. Poor guy.
We are enjoying our time in Bremerton but have been limited in visiting friends in the area. The snow was so bad Grandma and Grandpa Johnson couldn't make it up from Portland, OR to see the great grandkids :(. I have a few people we have wanted to see before we go back and that isn't looking all that promising either. Christmas eve and Christmas were very nice. Baby Jesse (and us) made out like bandits. He got all kinds of toys, books and stuff. We got some attachments to our Kitchen Aid, an apple corer that Jesse has been salivating over all year, and a gift card to Kohl's and Starbucks. And um.. Santa showed up for pictures on Christmas with the boys. Convenient, right?
I have enjoyed sleeping in this week very much (especially since being on Benadryl has made me especially sleepy) but did NOT enjoy my Christmas night dream. I kept dreaming I got fired or laid off and we moved back to Bremerton. And everytime I would wake up and try to get my wits about me, I'd fall asleep again to continue the same dream. Not very restful, that's for sure! I was glad to get up this morning.
And although having nothing to do is nice occassionally, it gets old after a few days. So I am glad to be able to work and support my family. Don't get me wrong, there are more days than not that I salivate at the thought of being a stay at home mom. But it's not what God has called me to do at this point. And sometimes its nice to be able to take some time to get a "taste" of what that life would be. The pasture is always greener on the other side.
I'm sure you've noticed I have posted a lot lately. I have at least 5 babysitters fighting for time with the baby (so unless he is inconsolable, he is theirs- even if I whine for him a bit). I am trying to keep busy and not focus on feeling itchy (Sshhhhhh don't tell but-it's been working the past 24 hours). It also doesn't help we are snowed in. Then add my personality on steroids and thats the making for a lot of pent up energy. I was getting cabin fever SO bad Jesse and I walked the mile and a half to Wal-Mart in the freezing cold snow just so we could "get out" yesterday. It was nice to spend time alone with my husband. It was also nice to be active. I am far too extroverted for my own good.
Merry Christmas to you all. Hope it's a good one. We are going to focus on enjoying our last few days here and then we fly out early morning Monday (and I gotta get to work). So please keep our travel in your prayers. It's supposed to continue to snow, and snow, and snow!!
2 comments:
I am soooo the same way. If I am stuck at home I invent task lists and attack them with vigor! I need to always be doing SOMETHING. :)
So, the apple corer--is it the kind that peels the apples while you turn it, and then takes the core out too? Ive been DYING to get one of those. Anyhow, I hope your allergic reaction has improved (Was it the soap?) and I totally understand the walk to Walmart. I dont sit well. I will pray you make it home--it is only supposed to be raining on Sun/Mon. Good to find your blog!
Post a Comment