Thursday, March 5, 2009

God is so Good...

Today was interesting and informative, in more ways than one. God is proving to me that he works in mysterious and often humorous ways. There are many things currently going on that make me say this, and some I am not at liberty to discuss on a public blog. But even now, God provides. He provides comfort, when I am uncomfortable. He provides friendship when I am lonely. He provides, even when I don't know I need. Good is good! And he has been good to us.

Monday I signed all the severance paperwork for St. Al's. It sucked. But now it's over. Even though it was hard, there is such relief in this being finalized. I miss my friends and co-workers. And it's hard to move on. But time will hopefully help with that.

I have been in the clinic all week. I am now seeing some patients but I cannot dictate any of them until the Idaho Board of Medicine has my information and switches my attending physician status. Hopefully that will be soon.

Yesterday I got to go to Fruitland to the Dominican Health Clinic and help with one of the clinics and then today I went to Twin to do a clinic with another one of my Physicians. It was just me and him driving out there and I drove the way home. Ironically, I got pulled over by a cop. I wasn't speeding or anything. He came up and told me immediately why he pulled me over. "Ma'am, did you know you're missing your front license plate?" Of which I replied, "No, I had no idea. This isn't my car. It's his (referring to my physician)." He ultimately didn't give me a ticket but I am pretty sure it gives me a good excuse as to why I don't want to drive to Twin Falls again, ever. I didn't want to drive last week because the newness of me was just a set up for me crashing or something. So getting pulled over was ironic. And kind of funny. I always thought I'd cry when I got pulled over for the first time. But I think because I knew I hadn't done anything wrong that I was able to stay calm.

oh, and supposedly I would've gotten the ticket because as the driver it is MY job to "ensure the vehicle is in safe and legal operation." I am glad I didn't get the ticket.. I would've been livid!! So instead, it's really funny. I did a quick prayer. And thankfully, it worked! :)

I have had a cold this week. My third since the baby was born. I get one every month and this is getting ridiculous! My ears are killing me. I may have one of the PA's at work check them for me if it continues to bother me. And the sinus pressure is AWFUL! So I am going to kidnap my boys and go to bed.

1 comment:

sarah said...

wait a second- so was this the first time you were pulled over? ever?
(i secretly hate you. in the nicest of ways.)