Monday, March 16, 2009

The "Other" Days

Some days I wake up and go to work with very little problems and little to no guilt. This morning was not that day. In fact it would qualify as those "other days." What I suspect a lot of working mom's go through are the days where our children are growing before our very eyes and we long for just "one more day" with them. At these times I long for more time at home.

But in the back of my mind I know I am blessed. Blessed with a wonderful husband/ daddy who is VERY involved with our son's raising and care as well as housework and fix-it projects that need to be done. I am blessed with a sister-in-law who helps watch him when we need and who loves him as much as we do and knows his idiosyncracies in and out. After all she was there throughout the pregnancy, the birth, and his whole life thus far.

I try and dwell and these thoughts instead of the guilt. We are blessed with friends and resources beyond my wildest dreams. I get to work to support my family and provide for them in the ways I had always dreamed. And I wouldn't trade Nampa for nearly anything.

But see these pictures? This is why it's impossible to leave this adorable guy more often than not. He is just too wonderful and adorable. I am so lucky.

3 comments:

katieanne said...

i LOVE that last one... this stage is so fun, where they get so interested in everything... it is hard to leave them - but oh so great to come home refreshed and ready to soak them in...
and thanks for updating :)

Jessica said...

sweet baby...

Krista Rose said...

Sarah, you are an awesome mom! I love watching you with little Jesse. It's written all over his face how much he loves you. And believe it or not, even us stay at home moms wonder if we're spending enough time with our kids (or too much time on the computer lol). It's a mom thing. :)