Today was the second Sunday I have had little Jesse in the crib room. I stalk him though. I take him in there and hang out with him trying to get a feel for the place. And he LOVES it. He likes playing with their toys and jumping in their jumper. His friend Cole is in there too and he is a VERY social baby. So the Crib Room is great for him. But dreadful for mom. The guilt of being a working mom has dwindled but still lingers and especially so at church. I think I am slowly letting go though. Watching his face light up when jumping along with Cole today was a big sign to me that I needed to let go and let him socialize more on his own. We will see if next Sunday I can really "cut the cord" or not.
My eye is KILLING me. It started feeling infected Friday evening so I removed my contacts. Sure enough my upper right posterior eyelid has blepharitis (stye) and it's painful and pulls off any contact lens that attempts to be put on. So I am living in my hated glasses. Usually I only wear them around the house, but have had to use them all this weekend. Now I have what looks like a large zit on the inside of my eyelid. I am applying warm compresses and keeping the eyelid margins clean, but it only helps a little. I am fairly certain I will be wearing glasses the next few days to work. Did I mention that I hate my glasses?? Stupid meibomian gland dysfunction!
Jesse is finishing up his two classes this week in Reading and Fundamentals. He has a test tomorrow and also is subbing for a third grade class at West Canyon (who notoriously become behavior problems when a sub is there).
I have to sign all the final paperwork for St. Al's and scramble back to work Monday. I am hoping the Board of Medicine paperwork goes through soon so I might be able to help out more than be in the way. That'll definitely help with my attitude and outlook I think. But for now I am exhausted.
2 comments:
emma did good good in the nursery for both services (i fed her between) and this evening too! she just fussed a little they said.
It was nice to have you keep me company. I probably should have been doing my job, but I think Josh had things under control. It was really fun to see Cole and Jesse playing. They had such big smiles! So cute. :)
Post a Comment