Sunday, November 30, 2008

As Emma's Arrival Comes Near.....

I have been feeling like crap this week from a nasty cold that will not go away (and has over stayed its welcome). So naturally I have been sleeping a lot lately between coughing fits hoping it will just go away. As much as hoping it will go away doesn't work on people, clearly it does nothing for colds either. The in-laws were in town this week for Thanksgiving. It didn't go bad at all. It was fun watching how the grandparents and Uncle Bruce interacted with Baby Jesse. He got a little fussy the past couple days intermitently, but we think he might be starting to cut a tooth.

Thanksgiving went well. My super diligent husband was hard at work on the turkey while I went to work for a couple hours. I came home and the house felt warm and thanksgivingy. Sarah, Melinda, and Rose helped out a bunch too while I went searching the house for things I could feed the dishwasher. I got a little carried away because people started setting down their cups near me and told me, "this is my cup. I'm not done with it yet, I'm just going to the bathroom."

I have a habit of trying to organize things. Not as much as the OCD woman that the OBGYN Center allows to come in on her luch break to tidy up their office, but still pretty bad. As Jesse says, "I throw nothing away so things get really cluttered, and Sarah throws EVERYTHING away- including paychecks!"

But Thanksgiving gave me a lot of thoughts of what I am thankful for. And with Baby Jesse here those have changed a lot. I am thankful for so much and in ways I never realized. I am thankful for (in no particular order)........................

1. Family: No matter how much they iritate you, they sure do love your son almost as much as you do and never fail to gush about every milestone, smile, or adorable look he brings.

2. Friends: We have the greatest of friends here in Nampa. God has made it abundantly clear that this is right where we belong. They love us and were just as excited about baby Jesse's arrival as we were. Maybe not as antsy, but close. And they have provided for baby Jesse in so many ways. We have only had to buy a few pieces of furniture, diapers, and formula. He has so many clothes (up to 9-12) that he might not ever wear them all. Good thing we are saving them for future generations and passing on the gender neutral ones to Emma.

3. Job: My doctors are great and have blessed us with gifts, etc. They continue to ask me how the baby is doing and let me help and learn new procedures now that I can tolerate the OR (I was a very dizzy pregnant lady). And it is a blessing to know that they all have kids and understand.

4. A Healthy Son: Not only is he healthy and thriving, but he is SO good! He generally is happy if he has recently been fed and pooped. He has mastered smiling faces, giggling, and a pouty face that just makes you 'aww' at him. He was worth the wait and has built a new place in my heart for an impossible amount of love.

5. A Wonderful Husband: I still feel like I am getting to know him all over again, but he is amazingly strong and consistent. I have been feeling crummy this weekend and he has been trying to take care of me. He still looks at me like he did when he married me. And watching him be a father to our son is by far the most adorable thing I have ever seen. It still cracks me up that they have matching heads (shape, hair style, calicks, everything) and easy-going personalities. So Baby Jesse is very well named.

6. That my sister-in-law and brother-in-law are so close: I love watching Jesse's sister Sarah with Baby Jesse. She is such a natural! She plays with him and loves every aspect of him nearly as much as I do. She always goes out of her way to tell me something cute the baby did or something the doctor said (bragging) about the baby. And Jason often has something funny or clever to tell the baby too. I am so excited for them to be parents! And they will be- very soon. Jesse woke me up this morning to tell me she had gotten admitted to the hospital. Jesse's parents had to leave and we are waiting. I am so excited I decided to put all my nervous energy into blogging about it.

I can't wait to post the first Emma and Baby Jesse photo's. I hope so much for the two of them. I hope they get along and become good friends. I want Baby Jesse to be a good cousin to her. He is so easy going. I only worry that the pestering tattle-tale gene might get handed down, which I have no tolerance for.

I am so excited that Sarah is finally going to experience what she has been wanting for years. It has been a long time coming and it's finally here! There really are no words for how amazing this moment is.

No comments: