Baby Jesse has a motion sensor monitor. it works off the princess and the pea idea. You put the sensor pad underneath his crib mattress and it detects 'micro-movements.' Essentially it can detect if he is breathing, moving, anything. In the event it does NOT detect movement for 20 seconds it sends off an alarm. The only time we'd ever heard it was when we would take him out of his crib and forget to turn it off.
Until last night. We were asleep in the nearby guestroom and at 455am we heard his alarm go off. We jumped up and Jesse (surprisingly) beat me into his room. We looked down. He was breathing and in the middle of the crib just as we had left him. The alarm went off for maybe 3 seconds before it was off again (detecting another movement). The pad was placed still underneath his crib.
I have no idea what happened last night. Either he was breathing so quitely the sensor couldn't detect it, he was stuffy and forgot to breath for awhile, or it may have saved his life (such a scary thought!) But either way I am so glad we invested in this product. I just pray I never hear it again. But at least this has solidfied in BIG Jesse's mind that it is VERY important to make sure this is on every night.
Such a scary way to wake up Saturday morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment