Sunday, November 9, 2008

Where Have All the Weekends Gone To?

Going back to work Thursday was not as horrible as I had imagined. In fact, it was the opposite. I was blessed with so many we are glad you're backs that it truly made my day. Going to work was one of the hardest things I have had to do in a long time. But at least once I get there the wonderful people I work with make sure I feel like I made the right decision.

This weekend was nice. Not that we did anything major. Friday night we went over to the Read's and played some games and had some of Ty's no-bake butterscotch cookies. Saturday we had Jason, Sarah and the Hoyts over for dinner and just hung out. Jesse also got to play super hero by helping the Reads fix their truck.

Sunday was church and a nap. Seriously, that is all we accomplished. Tomorrow I have to go back to work and Jesse works a half day at one of the schools. He also has a position as a kindergarten aide on Wednesday. We are hoping he might be able to find another position or two this week.

I have realized that motherhood is so much more than I could have ever comprehended. It has literally changed me. Maybe not in any obvious ways to most people, but my priorities have changed drastically. I am now happy just sitting at home after work, cuddling my baby. I am content being boring. It's really weird for me, but kind of cool.

Of all the life changes I have undergone, I'd definately say having a baby was the BIGGEST. I am glad we have Baby Jesse. He has opened my heart to so much more love than I thought was even possible. I realize I will always worry about him and that I may never again feel like I ever know what the best option is (this is something I was VERY capable of doing before I became a mother). But it's ok. And I wouldnt trade this new me for anything. Adjusting is hard, but now that we are seeing a light at the end of the life change tunnel, I think I can say for Jesse and I, we wouldnt change it for the world. Being a parent is so hard. Yet of all the accomplishments I have, it is by far my proudest achievement.

1 comment:

erinarendt said...

omg sarah, I got a lil misty eyed at the end. Very well put!