Monday, February 16, 2009

First Day at the Spine Institute

So I slept very well last night, despite being worried the anxiety of starting a new job would keep me awake. My tried and true method of avoiding long naps and caffeine made me exhausted at 10pm. And I slept.. no benadryl assistance needed. Awesome!

I got there way earlier than I expected. My time to work calculation was off because it was President's Day so I pulled into the Moxie off Overland (really nice one too!) and got some Mango tea and thought of the days Sarah (my sister-in-law) worked there. They were friendly.. but Sarah used to ask me a ton more questions like hot or cold and always had some recommendation to make my tea better. They did not. But were still friendly.

Then I pulled into my new job. And luckily Shannon (the head PA) was there and showed me around. The clinic wasnt open that day but I was going to have a short day of paperwork and observing a surgery. So I did all that and I am already home!! So not a bad first day at all! And the folks at the Spine Institute are really nice and keep saying, "We are so excited to have you here!" Which makes me feel a lot more at ease.

I am at both places this week. The Spine Instute Mon, Wed, Friday and then St. Al's Tues and Thursday. My last working day is the 19th and then I am taking PTO all the last week in February. So I am phasing out soon.

Thank you for all the well wishes, prayers, and pleas from, friends at Al's to not go. I appreciate you all so very very much!

1 comment:

sarah said...

yay. :) i am glad it went well. first days are miserable. and im glad you chose the peach ring tea. thats what the mango always reminds me of, those gummy peach rings. :)