Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy 26th Birthday Jesse! (The Tall One)

Today was Jesse Sr. 26th birthday! We woke up and decided to go get breakfast. We went in to wake up Jesse Jr. and he was already awake. He was just being super quiet and looking at his window and curtains. Mom took us out for breakfast at Shari's and I got to try eggs benedict for the first time (which I love) and Jesse got cinna-sations breakfast platter (which had to be as big as his entire face and then some!). Then we went to do some shopping!

First we went to Costco and got some essentials and then we went to Kohl's. They had a big clearance sale and I had a coupon so we bought Jesse some shirts for school. I had some more shopping to do so Jesse took the baby to change him in the van, and ultimately locked his keys in there! We had to call some friends to rescue us. While we waited Jesse ran back to Costco to buy formula (the diaper bag was locked in the car too) as mom and I walked to Target to buy bottles and a toy to distract an irritable baby boy! and it worked.. he quickly fell asleep once we got the food situation under control.

Afterwards we ran to the grocery store to get a few last minute essentials for Jesse's party. Then we went home. Melinda and mom went out shopping while we put the baby down for a nap and we cleaned the house getting ready for our guests.

At 530 pm our friends headed over and we had dinner. Chicken Alfredo with egg noodles, salad, and french bread! Mom bought a Costco birthday cake- buttercream frosting and vanilla cheesecake mousse is to die for! oh, and we had vanilla bean ice cream! Jesse got some pretty great gifts too but ultimately was glad to spend time with people we love!

Now its died down and we are enjoying the last moments we have left with Grandma (mom)! Jesse and Emma were so cute at the party too. We about died when Jesse tried to eat Emma's foot and she was downright upset about the whole thing. Or the times Jesse tried to steal her doll (weird, I know ;))

So Happy Birthday Jesse... it's nice to be the only 25 year old left in the house...... (*devilish cackle*) But I am quickly running out of time.... ahh!

No comments: